Thursday 30 September 2010

The Ryder Cup

Due to a piece of monumentally bad organisation on my part I am working for all three days of this wonderful competition, and as it's in the UK so there's no time difference I won't be able to actively trade it.

I am, however, convinced that this tournament will offer fantastic trading opportunities for those more fortunate with their life arrangements than me!

Without wishing to offend any American readers, I don't think the Yanks will particularly relish the thought of playing in the chilly, windy and wet weather forecast for tomorrow morning! The greens will be considerably slower than they like, and the fact that Monty has not chosen to set the course up to favour the Europeans is, in mind, a mental masterstroke.

Looking at the overall markets two take my eye. Look out for some big swings in the Winner market. The Wildcard market also intrigues me. A year or so ago there is no way anyone in the world would have put money on Tiger playing for the USA as a wildcard. But there he is, sitting pretty at 3.35 as favourite. I have made a fair bit of money laying Tiger in the past, and I've a mind that I'll do the same here (but not from my £100 - £2k bank - from my 'main' bank). Tiger is anything but a team player - he's an individual, and an individual who is out of sorts at that. Of the others in that market the two I would think you can get some value from are Luke Donald and Edoardo Molinari - Donald playing out of his skin at the moment and Molinari a man from nowhere in some ways, arguably picked over Paul Casey, playing with his brother and playing well.

The individual match markets will provide huge price swings over 18 holes and for those of you not working tomorrow in my mind the juicy one is Ian Poulter and Ross Fisher against Tiger and Steve Stricker. The Americans are slight odds-on favourites - but I've got my doubts about that...

It'll be great if Europe can beat the auld enemy, and it will be a great tournament to trade - wish I could take a more active part. Good luck to any who get involved - stay green!

No comments:

Post a Comment