Monday 13 September 2010

Today's proposed trade.... and the result

Starting Bank: £147.36

Daily Target (2.5%): £3.62

Keep it simple tonight, a bit of O2.5 in the Stromsgodset v Molde game and trade around 1-1 2-1 1-2 in the Stoke / Villa match. But after watching Birmingham and Liverpool thrash out a 0-0 yesterday I will probably cover that score as well...

With two early goals in the Strom match I didn't manage to get on the trade at the price I wanted. I did however get a free £35 on 0-0 pre-match which I was able to hedge (just before the first goal :-)) for about £3.

The Stoke Villa game was a classic for the 1-1 1-2 2-1 strategy even if Stoke did leave it late!

I laid U1.5 H/T at 1.04 at about 30 minutes for £20 and was able to hedge for about £3 after Villa's goal. Some of the guys in the tradingsoccer.eu chatroom preferred to lay 0-0 in the Half Time Score market at about 1.6 I think. With the bank I've got, a £20 lay at 1.04 costs 80p and provided a goal is not too close to 45 mins will always give a tradable position.

At 0-1 I took half the total liability of £9 out of 1-1 leaving about £9 on that score. I hedged that score at 1-1, and also hedged 1-2 and 2-1 to give a £14 green across the board. As the final whistle approached I dripped £2 lays onto 1-1 from 1.2 down to a £10 - leaving £10 or so on 1-1. Last kick of the game and Stoke scored, giving me a profit of some £28.

Today's Profit: £33.46

Bank to carry forward: £180.82

It seems I'm back in the position I wrote about below - busting my daily target ten-fold - but I can assure you that my maximum liability at any one time during this trade was a massive £9.70! This is well within the 20% of bank that I've discussed previously and goes to show how a good return from a small, non threatening, outlay is possible if the right trade is selected and it is properly executed!


Tomorrow's proposed trade


No trading for me tomorrow - up to bonnie Scotland with a mate to pick a couple of cars up, hopefully back in the loop on Wednesday evening to have a look at the European matches.

3 comments: