Monday 20 September 2010

An interesting Sunday night's trading...

Starting Bank: £171.70

Daily Target (2.5%): £4.28

I made a nice £4 green on Athletico v Barca trading 0-0 pre-match - hedging the minute it went into play as I didn't think 0-0 would last long!

Then onto Sampdoria v Napoli - and a bit of a frustrating affair. Went with my favoured 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 strategy, the right one, as it transpired! But it took them so long to do anything that I'd hedged for a medium red just after half time. When I saw that U2.5 had shrunk to 1.05 I put a brave lay of £20 on it. The inevitable happened - three goals in ten minutes - finishing 1-2. Could have made boatloads! But, on reflection, taking the red at 0-0 was the correct TRADING decision - the most important thing to get inside your head when trading is when to take the loss!

So, a modest profit of £11.45 after commission for the day, and I've one other thing to be proud of.... the old punter in me was itching to lay U4.5 in the Chelsea Blackpool game - knowing I wouldn't be around to trade it. That was at 1.76 pre-game, so I'd have suffered a major blow had my new disciplined self not shone through. It defies belief that there weren't more goals - Blackpool came bloody close and there were loads more Chelsea chances, but, as someone once said, 'Football's a funny old game...'

I have made no secret of the fact that I am a member of trading football.eu, and one of the many benefits of that is the occasional blinding 'tip' of a decent trading opportunity. Adster, one of the two owners, pointed out to a bunch of us in the chatroom that U4.5 in the Banfield v Independiente (Argentina - if you didn't know!) match was at 1.09 pre-match. I wanted to watch Match of the Day 2 so left it - but apparently some of the guys made a good easy profit as two goals were scored early on in the game - food for thought!

Day's Profit: £11.45

Bank to carry forward: £183.15

Tomorrow's proposed trade

As some of you will know I was recently made redundant, and have therefore had quite a lot of time available during the day / early evening to look at trading possibilities. That situation has now changed and I start a new full time post on Wednesday. I will not therefore be writing up tomorrow's trade as I just am not going to get the time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment