Sunday 12 September 2010

Been thinking......

...about Neil's comment. I've absolutely no idea who Neil is, unless I know him by a forum name, but what he says has struck a chord with me.

Neil said...




Well done, this is going well.

I would add that I do disagree that it it other people's money thought, it isn't it is you rmoney and you need to treat it as such as to treat it any other way may lead you to take risks that you wouldn't normally take.

Good luck
I have revised my spreadsheet, and included cells to sum and average the 'Goal Target' and 'Achieved' figures.


There is an enormous difference between the two, caused in large part by the £190 winning trade on Everton / MU. Even without that there is still a large difference.

The whole essence of this experiment, and therefore this blog is disciplined trading. I am now of a mind that thus far I have probably been trading too aggressively - in a sort of 'look at me' or 'Charlie big bollox' fashion; trying to smash that £2k by the end of October.... not what I set out to do.

I have, therefore, taken a decision. I have withdrawn a further £55 from my account, leaving me a small amount ahead of where I should be at 2.5% per day. I'm not afraid of going over my daily target - but will now stop as soon as I have achieved it rather than riding the crest of a wave the size of which I don't know...

The eagle-eyed among you will notice that I've also bought the spreadsheet up to date - I didn't trade on 31/8/2010 but only noticed that the sheet was running a day behind when making the above changes..


No trading on this account at all today, but tomorrow's trade will be a simple one looking to make in the region of £3.50... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment