Wednesday 22 September 2010

Small stakes can produce a good result

Starting Bank: £197.12

Daily Target (2.5%): £4.93

There was a match earlier between Frankfurt and Aachen in Germany, which again looked plum for 1-1 1-2 2-1. I backed 0-0 pre-match for £50 and got £20 laid off two ticks lower before kick-off. I was reasonably confident that there would be no early goals and was able to green that 0-0 scoreline after a few minutes for about £5. I then put £4 on 1-1 and £2 on both 1-2 and 2-1 - so my total exposure on the match was a massive £3!

It looked horribly like a 0-0 bore draw until the home side took the lead in the 63rd minute (by which time I'd added a £2 back of 2-2 to my portfolio - total exposure now £5!). Everything went to plan as Aachen equalised 4 minutes later. I greened up on 1-1 and allowed the other three bets to ride. Aachen went 1-2 after a further four minutes or so, so I greened up on that score.

At this point I was faced with a choice - I could (should???) have taken a further healthy green of another £8 on 2-2 - or I could let that run as I had about £70 on it. I chose to let it run. There was another goal - but unfortunately (and, I suppose, predictably) it went 1-3. Anyway the final position is shown below - for those of you unfamiliar with it this is the settlement screen that BetTrader Evolution displays once a market has been settled.

As you can see, from CS stakes of £10 a profit of £23.04 was achieved (ignoring the 0-0 stakes - that was a bonus -  for this exercise) which netted down to £21.91 after commission was taken.

Unfortunately, after a good start, a couple of speculative trades went awry, and a totally speculative lay of the draw between Hoffenheim and Bayern came good leaving a profit for the day of £6.49.

Day's Profit: £6.49

Bank to carry forward: £203.61

1 comment: