Saturday 18 September 2010

Old habits creeping back into my trading... need to change tack

Starting Bank: £178.29

Daily Target (2.5%): £4.46

I traded two matches last night and made a complete mess of both of them. Frankfurt v Freiburg and Doncaster v Leeds both, on paper, looked like good candidates for a 1-1 1-2 2-1 trade. I staked accordingly, and had managed to get a £50 free bet on 0-0 in the Frankfurt match. Lots of chances early on led me to believe my take on the game was correct, and I greened the carefully created insurance on 0-0 at the same time as laying U2.5 goals. The game finished 0-1, with the goal coming in injury time!

The Doncaster match finished 0-0 - the Correct Score trader's nightmare.

The problem is simple enough to understand.... no goals in games where goals were expected. Both trades could have been covered easily enough by backing U2.5 or laying O2.5 at the start of the match. But, I didn't do it. I was so convinced by my read of them both that I failed to cover my bets.....except of course that nice £50 on 0-0. Which I greened for £8.


BRILLIANT!!! AMAZINGLY INSIGHTFUL TRADING!!! COVERED ALL BASES!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES, DAVE, OR YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A COMPLETE MESS OF THIS!!!

Today's Profit: -£14.46  

Bank to carry forward: £163.83

Tomorrow's proposed trade

The stand out games for me today are Sunderland v Arsenal and Arles v Marseilles - I'll be around and about for the 3pm prem games, but will actively trade these two later on. Tactics to be decided - but rest assured cover will be taken.

A quick recap...


There is no need to panic just yet, and let's not forget I've withdrawn double my initial investment. BUT, I've dipped into negative territory with respect to my original target - although 4p is not causing me too much concern! It does, however, highlight the damage a couple of loose day's trading can cause. I definitely need to tighten up and re-consider some of the trades I'm taking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment