Friday 3 September 2010

Slight set back today...

Starting Bank: £121.31

Daily Target (2.5%):  £3.03

A frustrating day today, for a number of reasons. Firstly my read of the games involving Italy and France were spot on and I didn't trade them! France actually lost to Belarus, and Italy were behind for sufficiently long to have had a nice return from laying them even though they ran out as 1-2 winners!

Of the games I did trade the Republic of Ireland went according to plan, finishing 0-1. £10 staked in total, a portion of which went on a stake on Over 2.5 goals as insurance gave a return of £2.98 after commission. So far, so good....

I talk elsewhere on blog of the chatroom of Trading Football - and a couple of the wise old hands in their warned me in the strongest terms to leave an 'un-managed' market well alone. I, of course, knew better and laid Russia £100 at 1.05. There was no liquidity, and Russia taking the lead after 14 minutes killed that trade stone dead. £5 lost.

Never mind - I can make that up on England! I laid England for £10 at 1.8 in the First Half market - intending to green up my position after 15-20 minutes. Then the Bulgarian full back had a rush of blood to the boot and allowed England to nick an early goal. My normal response (pre my newly 'Disciplined' style) would have been to lay again at very low odds and pray for an equaliser! This time I dejectedly took the red - £6.90 lost. I did recover a massive 3.68 after commission by laying any unquoted at 1-0 - but wisely (as it happened) took the profit just after half time. So a loss on the day of £5.24 after commission.

The reason is simple - I had two completely un-insured trades and it hurt both times. This endeavour is never going to succeed if I keep doing that .... so it stops. Now. No more un-insured trading - because that is effectively punting... and that's what I want NOT to be doing!!!!

Today's Profit:  -£5.24  

Bank to carry forward: £116.07

Tomorrow's proposed trade


The blasted international break means no big leagues tomorrow, but there are still some interesting games that I'll be trading. At 12.15 MK Dons take on Hartlepool. At 3pm we have a number of intriguing games and I shall look at options on them in-play rather than going into them with a fixed plan in mind now - i.e. trade what I see. Then later in the evening, if I'm still awake, it'll be Grimsby / Luton.

No comments:

Post a Comment