Thursday 23 September 2010

Smoking can be good for your wealth....

Just a quickie - was trading the Wimbledon v Crawley Town game and got a £3 green on correct score at 0-1 with a nice chunk on 1-2 and 2-1 (more of which in a later post). I saw U2.5 at 1.13 so laid it for £23.08 which as you can see from the screenshot below gave a liability of £3 - so in other words I was prepared to 'gamble' my green position on one market for a potential win on another...
Then I decided to go and have a cigarette. Mrs Gun years ago banned me from smoking indoors (yes, she does wear the trousers!) so I have to go out into the back garden chez nous. When I came back, Wimbledon had gone from 0-1 down to 2-1 - and my lay had won! Now, being a disciplined trader, had I been sitting at my desk when the equalising goal went in I would have greened up for a few quid!

Proof positive - smoking can increase your wealth! Still wish I could give it up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment