Monday 6 September 2010

Back on Track...that'll do nicely

Starting Bank: £76.85

Daily Target (2.85%): £2.19

After yesterday's totally unnecessary setback I had a good evening's trading from an exceptionally poor card. Having said that it didn't start too promisingly - I had an unsuccessful lay of 1-1 in the Hammabby match. I laid at 1.33 so lost £3.30 to a ten pound stake. This is something I do regularly as the stats say an awful lot of goals are scored in the last fifteen minutes of a game. As long as you achieve at least a 50% hit rate you will be ok overall as you are laying odds-on prices.

The main event for me was AGOVV v Eindhoven. My reading of the game as a draw could not have been more wrong - the underdogs won 0-3! But, there were goals! I successfully backed and laid both 0-0 and U1.5 pre-match and so was able to have 'free' bets on 1-1 1-2 2-1 2-0 and 0-2. When the score got to 0-2 I was able in a nice position and was able to back both 0-3 and 1-3 for an overall profit of £15 nett.

One of those off the cuff moments occurred during the evening when one of the nugget crew chat room boys noticed an Italian game at 1-0 with 52 minutes gone. We got on 2-2 for around the 20 mark and two quick goals took the score to 1-2 bringing the 2-2 price crashing in. I was able to turn £2 into £6.94 after commission in about 10 minutes! Thanks, Sinc, good spot! That probably sounds like a punt... well, it was! But I only did it because my day's target was already safely in the bag by that time.

An overall profit of £18.64 smashed my revised 2.85% daily target and has returned me to a steady course...

Today's Profit: £ 18.64

 Bank to carry forward: £95.49

 Tomorrow's proposed trade

It's those pesky internationals tomorrow and I have my eye on one and a half trades. Tuesday night is my sports night so I can only trade until half time. I'll be doing a low scores tradewith cover on O2.5 in the Russia game and will back 0-0 1-0 0-1 in the England game with cover on O1.5 first half goals. I think Switzerland will 'park the bus'. They seem to have no real ambition going forward and we know that at least one member of the England attack is.... distracted. I think England will prevail but do not expect early goals.

3 comments:

  1. Nice on not getting disheartened by the setback. Keep up the great blog. I'll be following this closely of the next year. I was thinking of doing something similar myself. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jdt. My first comment - I was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading it.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure loads are, silent readers will be a plenty, anyway I often find writing yourself helps you judge your own performance and helps you to analyse the days trades much better, so its well worth the effort.

    Would you mind explaining your staking of "insurance" on today's trades. I'm more of an under /over 2.5 scalper or LTD draw man myself and never use insurance bets, but would like to become more useful in the CS markets but I'm not sure how to go about it, as juggling CS stakes is hard enough without insurance. Is the reason for insurance with CS markets because you cant really have a stop loss in all or nothing markets?

    ReplyDelete