Wednesday 15 September 2010

Bit hit and miss by a dog tired trader!

Starting Bank: £180.82

Daily Target (2.5%): £4.52

It's a long way to Aberdeen from Kent, but even further back again! A staggered journey, over-nighting in Durham meant I eventually rolled in tonight at about 6pm having left home at 4.25am yesterday morning, so maybe I'm being optimistic in expecting another good night tonight!

As it happened it wasn't bad, but the MK Dons v Saints match didn't produce the result I'd expected or staked for. Once again, gaining a free bet on 0-0 pre-match proved my saviour as I was able to more or less cover my stakes by half time. When Dons eventually found the net I was able to lay 1-1 to give a reasonable profit.

Four of tonight's Champions League matches were 0-0 at half time, including those involving AC Milan and Bayern Munich. I laid u2.5 goals for £20 in all four games, for a total exposure of about £20. Two reasonably quick goals in the AC and Bayern matches gave healthy profits, whilst I settled for small losses in the other two as only one latish goal came in both - a small overall profit but a profit none the less.

I like these low liability lays - they are low liability for a good reason - they rarely completely come off .In trading we are not necessarily concerned with the final outcome. I look for opportunities where I think there will be sufficient price movement to give a profit. I'm not always right, of course, but because I'm laying odds-on (generally with this sort of trade I'm looking at odds of about 1.2 - 1.3) I've only got to be right about half the time!

Today's Profit: £6.75  

Bank to carry forward: £187.57

Tomorrow's proposed trade

I'm not a great fan of these Europa League matches - I find them unpredictable. Of those on offer tomorrow night only the potentially low scoring game between Anderlecht and Zenit catches my eye - and my thoughts are a first half weighted trade around 0-0 1-0 0-1 and 1-1 with a bit of cover on the First Half Goals market. For the rest of the matches I'll be keeping my eyes open for low liability lays such as those detailed above...

2 comments:

  1. A good steady trading session gundulf. Did you have any stop losses on those u2.5 lays. If two of the games wefre 0-0 at half time I would have thought you would his a stop pretty quick into the second half?

    Are you planning on doing any vids of your trading sessions anytime soon?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jdt - no stop losses at all - three were laid at about 1.24 the fourth at 1.16. As I said in the original post I only had to partially hit 50% of them to show a profit - which I did. I am prepared to play the longer term game with these kinds of trades - ie not worry about individual games or night's trading.

    I've downloaded some video software but when I try to use it my lappy slows to a crawl - and makes trading difficult! Got to make sure I put the horse before the cart!

    ReplyDelete