Saturday 11 September 2010

I'm playing with OPM now - and it feels good!!!

Starting Bank: £164.80

Daily Target (2.5%): £4.12

I'll be quite up front here.... nothing gives me greater pleasure, as a Chelsea man, to see Manchester United lose. Until today! I was over the moon to see them throw away a two goal lead in injury time today! Having just banked about £10 by laying the draw in the last few minutes of the Hamilton v Rangers game, I noticed MU available to lay at 1.02. I duly laid £200 - using four pounds of that profit... you know what happened next! I was already about £11 to the good from trading the correct score in that match, and by laying U3.5 goals...so this lay was already covered by profit already in the bank so to speak.

I got involved in correct score trading in the WHU v Chelsea game, and the Arsenal game. Lays of U2.5 and U3.5 showed mixed results in different games, and a flurry of late goals also made some money. I'm not going to itemise all the day's activities but the lesson is to keep an eye on low liability opportunities, and to try to use profit to take on some more speculative trades...

Overall, taking Betfair commission into account I finished the day with £227.56 profit. I have withdrawn £190  which brings me to the post title ... Some readers are probably wondering what OPM means...  well, it means 'Other People's Money' - in other words I have now withdrawn all my original investment and some. The balance of this exercise will now be continued with no exposure of my own cash! What a lovely position to be in after 13 days!!

A quick review of the position:


Compounding a bank at the rate of 2.5% per day will double it in 23 days - you can see that my bank has now more than doubled, and I've taken nearly £200 out! So I'm extremely happy with things at the moment.

I was going to trade the Porto v Braga match tonight, but I think I'll quit whilst I'm ahead and take Mrs Gun out to dinner!


Today's Profit: £227.56

 Bank to carry forward: £202.36 (£190 withdrawn)

 Tomorrow's proposed trade

Family commitments mean no trading during the day tomorrow - so I intend to have another look at dutch laying with the Marseille v Monaco match tomorrow evening. I've downloaded some recording software but haven't got my head round how it works yet - but I'll have a go....

2 comments:

  1. Well done, this is going well.

    I would add that I do disagree that it it other people's money thought, it isn't it is you rmoney and you need to treat it as such as to treat it any other way may lead you to take risks that you wouldn't normally take.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough - I understand what you mean, but it still feels great that I am now 'risk free'. OK it was a stroke of fortune that probably won't repeat itself for ages - but I think it's important to add that the reason I decided to withdraw that £190 was precisely for the reason you state - i.e. to discourage me from taking those extra risks!

    ReplyDelete