Saturday 4 September 2010

Saved by the whistle...and a little bit too much 'punting'

Starting Bank: £116.07

Daily Target (2.5%): £2.90

Another strange and in some ways frustrating day. Starting with MK Dons at just after mid-day. The expected goal-fest, surprise surprise, failed to materialise and a thoroughly un-inspiring game ended as a 1-0 home victory.

My staking was geared very much toward a comfortable two or three goal home win, and luckily my insurance on 0-0 paid dividends. It didn't cover the entire stake however, and I decided at around 65 minutes to take the green on 0-0 and then lay it again by enough to cover the outstanding stakes plus a bit. When I say a bit, I mean a bit! The 77th minute winner netted yours truly just over £2 once Betfair had taken their 5%.

Onwards to Carlisle v Swindon and Exeter  v Charlton. Suffice to say the first one ended 0-0 and the second one was 0-0 at 92 minutes when Exeter were awarded, and scored, a penalty. Practically all the other games in League 1 bar these two had more than 2 goals - but I managed to pick the two dodgy ones! Net result from both of them? £1.75 nett....

So from 3 games, 3 hours of football I'd made under £4! I could earn more stuffing envelopes! BUT I'd made my daily target.

The saving grace for me was the match between two former League clubs - Grimsby and Luton - both of whom now reside in the Blue Square Premier league. Bloody international breaks!!!

Thinking this would be a win for Luton staking was biased around scores to and including 1-2 and 2-1 with cover on over 3.5 goals. Luton duly failed to live up to their billing as favourites and lost 2-0. Which is where the 'too much punting' in the post title comes into play. Thinking the goals lay had tidied all loose scores up I was horrified when Grimsby went 2-0 up to 'suddenly' discover I was totally exposed to 3-0! Talk about not paying attention! A sweaty few minutes ensued before I was able to cover that score - which turned out to be unnecessay - and a profit of around £15 was mine

Today's Profit: £19.01  

Withdrawn: £5.00

Bank to carry forward: £130.08

Tomorrow's proposed trade


Today's forays into the lower leagues of English football has made me a little circumspect about tomorrow's card. So I might well cut the grass tomorrow afternoon and return fresh of mind and body for some of the later Italian and Spanish matches. Nothing certain yet - will ponder which matches tomorrow.

Roll on the return of the Premier, La Liga and Serie A - at least we might get good quality soccer!

Quick progress check:


Despite the trials and tribulations of the past couple of days - everything seems to be working. I love it when a plan comes together....

No comments:

Post a Comment