Tuesday 7 September 2010

So close....yet so far

Starting Bank: £95.49

Daily Target (2.85%): £2.72

What a pity! The calls of fatherhood put a significant spanner in the works today. Had to unexpectedly go and pick number two son up - and had to leave at about half time in the Russia game. For some reason Betfair Mobile refused to fire up on my phone so I was unable to trade out of my position or to improve on it. Fortunately 0-1 was a score that I had covered, so I made about ten pounds on the game.

The rescue took longer than I had thought and it was nearly half time in the England game before I got back. I was listening to the game in the car and it would appear that had Mr Defoe taken his shooting boots to Basle that my u4.5 and AU trades could have been done and dusted by half time! Anyway, time to reassess. I took a very small profit from the AU back, and as the U4.5 was at the same price as I had laid at I decided to let it run. I also went completely against the whole principle that I set this project in motion with (no punting!)... I laid U3.5 at 1.17 for £40 so I at this point had a total liability on the game of £16 ish. Obviously a 1-3 final score made this a winner so I finished the day with a profit of £51.97 net of commission.

Had I been around for the whole match I am confident that my result would have been much better, and I'm happy that my read of the game pre kick off was pretty much spot on..

Today's Profit: £51.97

Bank to carry forward: £ 147.46

A quick recap of progress so far - ahead of the game again now. Therefore I've decided to revert to the original 2.5% per day compounding target (mainly so I don't have to keep re-writing that blasted spreadsheet !)



 Tomorrow's proposed trade

A completely useless coupon tomorrow with only one game catching my eye - a Spanish Cup tie between Granada and Betis. Wednesday night is often a beer night in my area, and with such a poor coupon, and as I'm a few days ahead of where I need to be, I might decide to have the night off....

No comments:

Post a Comment