Thursday 23 September 2010

Carling Cup - meaningless trophy? Or exciting and unpredictable?

Starting Bank: £203.61

Daily Target (2.5%): £5.09

Well - Chelsea turned over at home 3-4, Merseyside down and out to lower league opposition, and Scunny take the lead against United! What a competition this can be! In a way there was too much opportunity and I ended up making the mistake of trying to cover too many games in too little detail.

I won't go into all the gory details, but I made the princely sum of £3.87 from about 7 games last night - average win about £14 - average loss about £10 - so you can deduce from that that I again did some pretty amazingly daft trades! Obviously, if you've been stupid enough to lay Man U against Scunthorpe and Scunthorpe score you surely aren't stupid enough to ask for a price 3 or 4 ticks above the trading price, are you? I was! Man U equalised - and I took the green then (what little there was!). Then, you lay Newcastle at 1-3 at a price of 1.15. Chelsea bring it back to 2-3 - you're listening to the game - and you convince yourself an equaliser won't come. So you green up. And, a minute later, 3-3!!!!!

It was one of those nights that offered so much, but, again, the lessons are there! When I concentrate on 1 or maybe two games I do better that when I try to multi-task. So, that's what I'm going to do from now on! I have decided that I'm more of a Windows 3.1 trader than a Windows 7 trader! I function best on one or two markets - leave the multiple trades to younger and more nimble minds!


Day's Profit: £3.87  

Bank to carry forward: £207.48

No comments:

Post a Comment