Wednesday 21 March 2012

The world's most expensive cuppa?

If you think paying £4 or £5 for the latest Colombian speciality at Starbucks is expensive you haven't experienced Gun's Cafe! A mug (a pertinent word, as will become plain!) of English tea, brewed to perfection and consumed with the aid of two sugars, a dash of unleaded milk with a side order of Benson & Hedges at Gun's Cafe, tonight, for one night only, cost £100!

An unmatched £100 at 8.6 on 0-0 in the Copa game between Emlec and Lanus  was somehow matched pre kick off and then lost 4 minutes in when Lanus scored.

Un-ber- lievable.

 When I eased myself out of my chair to go and make said cuppa 0-0 was trading quite happily at 8.2 with a minute on the tomer. So instead of canning the trade (I was only looking for 1 tick pre kick off ffs!) I let it go secure in the knowledge that it wouldn't get matched and would cancel at the suspension at kick off.

2 comments:

  1. Al, I know mate, it's mad! I've just got this thing about losing to a 0-0 score, so very often I try pre match to get a free £20 £50 or whatever on 0-0 by backing and laying the same stake 1 tick apart.

    It usually works.

    ReplyDelete