Tuesday 6 March 2012

Ultimately it's all about choices and living with them

Wow! What a game, and, to their credit, AC made life really difficult for the gooners in the second half and the great comeback wasn't to be.

The most accurate vision available to mankind, in my opinion, is 20/20 hindsight. The sensible thing to have done was to have greened up at 3-0 and to have left myself with options depending on events in the second half.  But I chose not to. I took my liability out of the game at half time, leaving a £40 odd profit on AC and £800 on Arsenal. As the half wore on the AC odds obviously started to come in, and I put small chunks of profit back on them.

Cut a frustrating story short and I still made a handsome three figure profit, and with the way the match panned out my initial modest outlay was never really in any real danger.

It's a shame Arsenal couldn't get the fourth, but I made my bed and have now got to lie in it. I'm pleased to a) have made the trade and b) to have played it in such a way that although the big one got away I had put myself in a position to still make a decent profit and three figure ROI.

Where's the next low liability lay coming from - bring it on - I can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. Well done tonight, Dave. Top trading in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic call Gun. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how to trade mate and that's why looking for value is the only way forward long term :)

    Also, when thinking about not leaving £800 up on Arsenal, you could (and in all fairness, probably should) have lost the vast majority of that green when El Shaarawy missed that sitter near the end of the first half. Plus that open goal missed for Milan in the second half - imagine how gutted you'd be if you stayed in and that had gone in. That's why what you did was not punting - you don't play the match, you play the market because you can't predict what happens on the pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet on them after reading your post so thanks for that! I also had the same problem about knowing when to get out. I took the more cautious line because there was always the chance, as the sultan said, of Milan scoring and effectively ending the trade. Thanks again though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top work Dave, a nice green indeed

    ReplyDelete