Monday 1 August 2011

Twice in a row - it's just not fair!

Traded a number of games tonight, but got caught not once but twice by un-greenable situations which lost me a load of money! I'd backed 3-0 2-1 and 3-1 in a game involving Andra in Austria. Sitting pretty at 2-0 I reduced my exposure by taking the profit on 3-0 (fortunately!), when Lustenau got one back. Fantastic, I thought! Lovely green on 2-1 and let 3-1 run for a while...No such chance! Before the market reformed and the 'Suspended' sign disappeared it was 2-2!

These things happen every now and again, and at least it didn't cost me any real money - just lost profit. But, to add insult to injury the exact same thing happened in the Kalmar game! 0-0 at half time I had backed 0-2 2-0 and 1-1. Time ticked on by and no goal came. So, convinced there would be at least one I laid U1.5 at 1.08. The away team, massive underdogs, scored! The market had reformed, and I was looking at my position deciding what to do when the 'Suspended' sign came up again! 0-2! Bingo - u1.5 lay is home and 0-2 was a £100  plus green for me. It stayed suspended for ages, and you can imagine my surprise and horror when it did reform to see the magic 1000 odds available on 0-2 and 1.18 on 0-3! The underdogs had taken the match from 0-0 to 0-3 in about 5 minutes, and had pickpocketed over a hundred quid from yours truly in the process!

There are two positives to take from this experience:

1) I was skillful enough to get myself into nice positions on both games
2) It is highly unlikely to happen twice in one evening to me ever again!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Gundulf,

    We have just launched our site over at www.tradernomics.net and would be delighted if you would kindly add us to your blogroll.

    www.tradernomics.net/blog/

    Check the site out and let us know what you think.
    keep up the discipline and best wishes for the 2011/2012 season.

    Taylor, Jason & Chris
    www.tradernomics.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gun,
    I watched the game, think it was 192 seconds between the 3 goals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. TP - was it really that quick!? Amazing stuff especially when you consider that U2.5 must have been at 1.01, and the draw about 1.2. My guess is that quite a few layers are bemoaning their fate this morning!

    Tradernomic - interesting site with some good content. Will keep an eye on your blog.

    ReplyDelete