Monday 22 August 2011

Another tweakette .. if there isn't such a word, there should be!

Live trading a Scatter Gun on a French match between Nantes and Guingamp. In my opinion 1-1 was a very reasonable estimate for this game, the away team favourites pre match at about 2.5 and U2.5 starting at under 1.7. A classic low scoring French affair!

When Nantes, the underdogs took the lead the 1-1 price steamed in quite strongly so, on the basis that it wouldn't go much lower for quite some time even if there were an equaliser, I took £3 of my £5 stake on 1-1 out of the market. At this stage I am -£6 on all bar the three sg scores.

By half time Nantes had doubled their lead, resulting in a substantial steam on the 2-1 price. I could now get out of the game for a £2 ish loss and move on.

But lets's think about it for a second....if it finishes 2-0, or goes 3-0 I'm £6 down. If Guingamp get a goal I'll probably be able to get out for a small profit, or let it run to increase my green as time passes by. Taking a look at the Match Odds market I can lay Nantes at 1.05. Put it another way, laying  Nantes for £100 will take me to a massive £11 red overall! I can afford to lose that - it will neither stop me trading or get the house repossessed!

Let's suppose Guingamp get a goal back.... Nantes match odds spring out to say 1.18 - 1.2 - I can green for £11 in match odds at 1.18 - so I then can't lose money on the whole match and can afford to take my time greening up on 2-1.

A simple use of another market to buy leverage. Let's see if it pays off - update later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment