Sunday 14 August 2011

You know I said I was no mathematician??? I'm no Excel expert, either!

Doh! Due to Pete's comment on last night's post, more about which later, I realised I had had a major calculation fcuk up in my analysis of yesterday's trades! The Summary column for the results, was, as Pete noted, set to calculate an Average result, not the sum of the profit and loss! So a profit of £62 was the reality, not the £10 mentioned. The corrected spreadsheet is pictured below:

Thanks for pointing that out Pete.

That's what comes of writing posts after a hard day's work and an evening's trading! It completely changes all the figures, obvioulsy, and gives a return of over 100% on stakes. Can't be bad, can it?

Therefore please ignore most of last night's post as the ramblings of an idiot!

I also owe an apology to the other Pete, my TF chatroom friend RedImp. You won the competition mate! Your prediction was closer than mine. Unfortuantely Mrs Gun spent the prize money last night on a new kitchen so I'd refer you to condition 7 sub clause iv) of the rules regarding prizes.... which basically says 'tough luck' !

No comments:

Post a Comment