Friday 19 November 2010

Trading with green.....

I had a lovely trade tonight - a classic example of a free trade - the kind I like!

I wrote the other night about Dartford FC and how they were in-play. My prediction that they'd get spanked proved sadly too true! Tonight, with a very poor card (of the one game!), saw my other local team, Ebbsfleet United in a second round FA Cup replay at home to AFC Wimbledon. Formerly known as Gravesend and Northfleet, and now named for the recently opened high speed continental and domestic railway station, Fleet started as confirmed underdogs.

Almost unbelievably, after a drab 0-0 in South London, Fleet were 2-1 up by about 25 minutes. I scalped the 2-1 scoreline down from 9.2 to just over 5 by about 55 minutes. I stopped, basically because I was convinced a fourth goal was highly likely. However, time went by and it began to look as though Fleet might hold on for a famous victory. Having made just over £15 from scalping the 2-1 I decided to reinvest two thirds of that in a lay of Ebbsfleet - for a £5 liability at 1.49 and for another fiver at 1.29. With the score at 2-1 in the dying seconds I laid 2-1 at 1.18 for £20 leaving a green of £3 if it stayed 2-1 and about £60 if not.

It was with more than a twinge of regret for Ebbsfleet as the local underdogs that I watched the Suspension come up - but 2-2 it finished, for Wimbledon to go on to nick a winner in the dying seconds of extra time, but for my bank it was fantastic news.

I'll quite often use green made from one market in a match to fund a more speculative trade in another, and it's a fantastic feeling when it all comes together as this one did - I heartily recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,

    Thanks for the blogroll, much appreciated.

    Yes, I too was happy to see that particular 'suspended' come up, but for me it bailed me out of a big hole.

    ReplyDelete