Wednesday 10 November 2010

Do you know what....

....it took me over half an hour last night to write that detailed analysis of a no-lose trade on the Mancunian derby. I wrote the following prose in anticipation of a cracking game....

"The point behind the two higher scores is twofold ... it buys 'leverage' should the game go crazy and also it means that if it's 1-1 at say 70 minutes I can consider laying the draw knowing I've got 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 AND 2-2 covered....and if 3-3 comes in I'll have hit the jackpot!"

Yeah! Right! Good move, Dave! In your dreams old son! I actually ended up losing a fiver as I had all but 80p of my total stake covered with a simple £2 back of 0-0, but obviously had to cover the possibility of a 'little pea' winner in Fergie time. They couldn't even manage that! Robbie Savage very nearly fell asleep in the 5 Live commentary box, by all accounts!

Fortunately there were some proper games tonight. The West Ham v WBA game finished 2-2 via 1-1 and 2-1 so a nice winner there from £9 stakes.

Opportunity of the night, and thanks to the boys in chat for giving the heads up, was presented by Hibs going 0-2 up against Rangers. After the SECOND goal Hibs were, unbelievably, backable at 2.86! Lump on! It tumbled very quickly and was under evens by half time. If ever there was an example of a team being artificially high this is it. Even with ten minutes or so left Hibs were STILL available at 1.3 to back - closest thing to free money I've seen for ages! Ironically they eventually dropped to 1.01 .... but only after they'd got a third goal!

Finally we come to Everton v Bolton. This game always had the potential to be 0-0 and so it proved until the 80th minute when Bolton took a lead against the run of play. Fellaini was then sent off, and it looked as if the toffees were toast! The fourth official somehow found 4 minutes of injury time, and I laid 0-1 at 1.03 - just for a tenner - with a massive 30p liability. With almost literally the last kick of the game Beckford equalised and I won. Apparently quite a lot of money backed Bolton at 1.01 - only to get turned over! Why, oh why do they do it? Fortunately they do - if they didn't I wouldn't be able to get these low liability lays!

Until later, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment