Thursday 25 November 2010

Mindest....funny old thing (subtitled 'How I won over a grand in one night!')

Sometimes you are just 'in the zone'.... every trade goes in your favour, your judgement is clear and unblinkered - you take the red when you must and maximise the green.

Monday of this week was a case in point - a 2-2 draw between Sunderland and Everton and a couple of other games to play around with. In fact I can't even remember the other games or what I did, but somehow, and the bulk of it was from the prem game, I won over a thousand pounds in about 2 1/2 hours.

The nice thing is that I was totally decisive - in both getting into a trade and in terms of exiting if it didn't look like working. At one point I laid u3.5 goals for a £1000 at 1.2 - a £200 liability, to exit for a three figure green shortly afterwards when a goal was scored. I entered and exited the same market on another two occasions to pull nearly £350 from it in total. The real clean-up was a Scatter Gun on the same game - and I backed 2-2 at 30 during the first half so that came in massively. There were smaller winners on the European games I got involved with as well.

I've been trying to work out why it was so different. I sat in front of the same lappy, with the same screens open that I normally have. I was logged into chat and took advantage of a couple of trades the other guys spotted. I hadn't been to the gym beforehand so there was no adrenalin coursing through the ageing veins, nor was I pissed before anyone asks.

There is, therefore, only one rational explanation.... it was because I traded the entire night with Evo's Training mode turned on. I wasn't using real, hard earned, cash! The frustrating thing, of course, is that the methodology and the thought processes are identical but because the result doesn't matter as much you act quickly, decisively and without those crucial seconds of hanging in the trade 'just in case'.... know that feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment