Wednesday 21 September 2011

Yet another two goal lead goes begging ..and then...kapow!

I had spotted that Falkirk v Rangers was 0-0 at half time, but the mental note to do something in the second half got lost in my synapses. Until JB pointed out in chat that with 15 minutes to go Falkirk were 2-0 up. I duly laid them at 1.15, and went in again a few minutes later at 1.07 with a fair chunk. Unfortunately I had my traders hat on tonight rather than my punter's hat and greened at 2-1 only for Rangers to equalize a minute or two after I'd hedged my position. The draw was begging to be laid at 1.3 and so I obliged - for Falkirk to run out 3-2 winners. A return on investment of about 400% in ten minutes.

It almost beats working for a living sometimes..

3 comments:

  1. Hi there I have a question regarding your scattergun technique, how strictly do you apply your filters

    >=1.8 for favorite
    u2.5 1.9-2.1

    I've seen favourites around 1.76 and u2.5 around 1.8 which I have rejected as trading opportunities. I was just wondering how lenient if at all you are with your selection criteria.

    Additionally around the half hour mark you place a small bet on 2-2 if still goalless. How small is small - how about 10% of total stake? Too big or too little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. James - very good question, and the answer is different today compared with my first write up - these things evolve. If you've followed for any length of time you'll know that discipline is not one of my strong suites so I tend to the 'fast and loose' school of match selection!

    Rather than try to go into it in a reply I'll pen a post on the subject - a year on and I think the strat has gone from strength to strength and deserves a revamp....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gundalf although I've only been following for a week or two, I've read all past entries. Its really very interesting.

    ReplyDelete