Monday 3 October 2011

Latin American trading opportunities... an insomniac's insight

Rarely being home before about 7 pm, getting fed and watered, having the obligatory daily debrief with Mrs Gun and whichever offspring can muster more than a couple of grunts means that I usually don't get down to trading much before the 7.45 / 8 pm kick offs. Whilst on most evenings this affords a wide choice of matches to get involved with if I chose, these blasted international breaks means the card is, to put it mildly, of a poor quality. I enjoy my trading, and, if Mrs Gun is be believed, am addicted to it! But Arsenal Youth v Swansea Youth a) holds little appeal and b) is a complete bloody lottery!

All this brings me fair and square to the Americas. By the Americas I refer mainly to Latin America and in particular Chile, Argentina and Brazil. There are some massive clubs there, not, perhaps, the size of some of the mighty European outfits but still worthy of respect and attracting decent liquidity on Betfair.

What I like about these leagues is that they could almost have been created specifically to host the scatter gun trade. My colleague Handy Andy is usually Homering these games as well - as the two strategies have very similar profiles in terms of what are qualifying trades.

If you like to watch the matches you trade a lot of these games are on either Betfair or something like Bet365 - I can only assume that Murdoch's stranglehold on European soccer doesn't reach across the Atlantic.

There are two key things I would suggest you look out for - firstly the games are either very low or very high scoring! There is a rarely a medium scoring game. Secondly, a quick glance down a list of  in-play Latin American league games on Flashscores or similar will show more than a smattering of red cards. These people are passionate both on and off the pitch!

If your working patterns allow, or, like me, you can survive and thrive on little sleep do have a look at some of these matches. They are easy to trade, can sometimes be watched, and usually attract decent liquidity.

I'm off to trade one of my favourite Latin teams, Godoy Cruz, at home to San Lorenzo in Argentina. My prediction is 2-1 Godoy. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment