Monday 5 September 2011

Does anyone else get nagging voices inside their head?

And I don't mean the missus reminding you of jobs that need doing, or the sort that cause you to go beserk with a pick axe!

No, I'm referring to the little voice that says 'Charlton are too low at 1.83' as tonight's match with struggling Sheffield Wednesday was about to start. As young Wright-Phillips put them a goal up after three minutes it seemed my voice was telling me porkies tonight. A frenetic start, a goal to the good and seemingly an easy victory. The only question was how many more they'd score. They didn't score any more. But Sheffield Wednesday managed one in the second half.

So if I thought they were a value lay at 1.83, what were they at 1.25???

But by then I'd told my voice to shut up and go back to sleep and an easy trade became a slightly more challenging affair.

What really frustrates me is that this isn't the first occasion that my little voice was spot on, and this isn't the first occasion that I've totally ignored it on. Doubtless there will be others.

No comments:

Post a Comment