Monday 12 September 2011

Don't think many would have seen this one coming..

The Portuguese league is not noted for high scoring affairs, so I backed U2.5 at about 1.6 at the start of the match between Academica and Nacional, scalping it down to give me a nice, safe, green of about a tenner. U2.5 was trading at 1.18 at half time. Thinking the game would be won by a one goal margin I placed a lay of £100 at 1.05 and another at 1.01 - my thinking being that I'd be able to green up after the only goal and improve a bit on my position, a free profit but a tiny £4 profit if it finished 0-0.

The second half got under way and I was flicking between that screen and the others that I had open as time slipped by and U2.5 crept downwards. I remember noting that 3-0 was at about 400 as was Any Unquoted at about 60-65 minutes (approx figures but you get the idea...).

My £100 lay was literally next in the queue at 1.05 when the suspended sign came up. A red to Nacional, followed by a penalty and the only goal of the game as I thought.

But, as the screenshot below shows, that was not the case!


There must be some layers bemoaning the fact that they thought they were buying free money! And my lay was not matched and I left the game alone...oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment