Monday 30 January 2012

A mention in dispatches

The Sultan, over at Centre Court Trading has undertaken a review of sports betting / trading blogs and I'm pleased to announce that this very tome is considered to be one of the readworthy (if that's a word!) football related blogs out there! Having built myself, Lamb and Bubbles Brian up he then knocks us all for six by saying that none of us have made it big (although it's not 100% clear if he is referring to our respective trading efforts or our blogging ones!). Sultan is, however, gracious enough to append the word 'yet', which I'll interpret as meaning there's still some hope :-)

Seriously it's nice to be recognised by one's peers, and I for one enjoy the cut and thrust of some of the debates and discussions that fly across the interwebs via this medium. For Sultan's (and anyone else's) information I'm not that bothered about 'making it big' - either as a trader or as a blogger. I started blogging mainly to try to help with what I did, and still do albeit to a lesser extent, see as my main trading problem - discipline. I have found blogging to be an entirely enjoyable enterprise and it has been an enormous help to me as I wrestle with an arguably flawed general approach and a weak will. If, in so doing, anyone has picked up even the slightest inkling of a tip (even if it's to do the exact opposite of what I do!) then that's great.

It never once occurred to me that 60 people would have the slightest interest in what I have to say, yet here we are a year and a half down the road and I've had just shy of 60,000 page views. That's either one or two very dedicated fans or a reasonable readership! 

I harbour no intentions or delusions of trading ever being anything but a hobby for me, but obviously it's nice to make a bit of money along the way. If anyone discovers the Holy Grail - my bid is  a tenner for it! In the meantime I'll stick to the odd Correct Score or goals trades and dabble here and there in a sort of blundering manner. If I can take out sufficient money for the odd good beer and curry and not top up the account anymore I'll be happy!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gun,
    I was refering to your trading, not the blog! Didn't mean it to sound like I was knocking you, I just meant that you hadn't reached the stage that say, Cassini or Mark Iverson had reached, which I think is a fair assessment, especially for you and Brian (not sure about Lamb).

    It's widely acknowledged that they have been very successful long term and have sports and strategies that they make a lot of money from, which is the stage that most of us are trying to attain but admit that it doesn't neccessarily mean everyone wants to.

    I just intended to group your blogs together for the purpose of the article and that's why I mentioned your blogs were not coming from the point of view of someone who had 'made it' in those terms I mentioned but rather from an earlier stage in the trading cycle.

    Anyway, that's enough digging from me! I'm sure you get what my intention was. Now, off to placate the other two aswell............. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sultan, don't read too much into my heavy handed sarcasm - no need for any placation as far as I'm concerned. I was genuinely pleased to read your comments and wouldn't argue with any of your comments wrt my blog or indeed the above comment. Lamb and Brian I'm sure will have their own views and are old and ugly enough to speak for themselves I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete