Wednesday 1 February 2012

Official - lightning can and does strike twice!

An almost unbelievable last couple of nights' trading which I'd like to share with you.

The Monaco v Lens game last night had all the attributes I look for in setting up a Scatter Gun trade. Close match odds, low U2.5 and two 'slow burn' teams. The match was, predictably, 0-0 at half time. Monaco made it 1-0 shortly after half time, adding a second not long afterwards.

A quick lay of them in Match Odds at 1.06 resulted in a nice green as Lens got one back. Then it seemed to stalemate, so I took the green on 2-1 and left a nice chunk on 2-2. At about 85 mins I went back in and laid Monaco again from the previous green at 1.05. Lens equalised with what must have been just about the last kick of the game.

If I re-wrote the  above, substituting 'Lorient' for 'Monaco',  'Lyon' for 'Lens' and 'tonight' for 'last night' I wouldn't need to change another single bloody word! Madness.

The moral of the story?

Don't let anyone ever tell you that French games are no good for trading. In my experience they are excellent for trading.



No comments:

Post a Comment