Wednesday 23 January 2013

It was in danger of going pear shaped...

...but my reading of the Villa v Bradford semi-final proved accurate in the end! A full-on assault on the Bradford goal in the first twenty minutes gave the premiership team a one goal advantage and saw a massive swing in the 'To Qualify' market, with the odds on Bradford, still holding a one goal aggregate advantage, flying out massively. I'll admit that at one point I did consider taking the loss and moving on. To their considerable credit Bradford equalised early in the second half. I always thought they'd score at least one goal. I went out shortly afterwards, but laid the 1-1 scoreline to cover my stake on the TQ bet. The liability was higher than I would have liked - but as it turned out it was a very smart move!

The Villa 2-1 win meant that I won both the back of Bradford in the TQ market and the 1-1 lay - double bubble as we say in the South East!

As a Chelsea fan I am in about five hundred minds about the other semi-final. Swansea are a force to be reckoned with, Laudrup has them well organised, playing well and has made some quite astounding purchases working with a relatively small budget. Playing at home with a two goal cushion they are strong favourites to be playing Bradford in the final.

Anyone who writes the Blues off at this stage could regret that decision. Whilst they seem totally inept at the Bridge at the moment their away form is strong. The quality of the squad screams goals and I think they will be smarting from that defeat at the Bridge, especially as the second Swans goal really was a gift! Ivanovic is a great player and he, I'm sure, will wish to atone for his failings.

My five hundred minds have now, in the process of writing those last two paragraphs, crystalised into one. I think Swansea TQ at 1.42 is a value lay and that's what I'm going to do. From a Correct Score point of view  frankly anything could happen, but I do fancy a few goals. To me, the stand out low liability lay is the 1.03 offered on Any Unquoted in the Correct Score 2 Home market. If Swans race to a two, or even three, goal lead watch that price leap out.

Good luck if you trade the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment