Wednesday 29 February 2012

Work in progress...

I called the England game wrong in a fundamental way - in that the one goal win went the wrong way. However, I thought it was a very encouraging match for England. The 'old guard' weren't really missed, and it's no real shame to lose to the Dutch. Although in many ways they are an ageing team it's hard to contain Robben when he's awake and on form.

From a trading perspective it was, however, a good night for me. A good win on the England game at 1-2, made even better by the ensuing 2-2 and 2-3. I also thought Italy were far too short at 1.66 against the USA, and duly laid them pre match. I removed my liability on the game at half time and was duly rewarded when the States took, and held, a one goal lead. Wales let me down by failing to secure an equaliser against Costa Rica, and a lay of France at 0-2 against Germany would have worked for me had the Germans managed to score before the 90th minute! Hey ho.

Off to trade three Paulista games now - they do love a scatter gun in Brazil!

5 comments:

  1. I always thought there was going to be goals in this match, so your strategy would be a perfect match.

    Well done tonight. Good luck with your Brazilian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a goog nigth for me too...i have win on England :)

    I am following your strategies, you give very nice tips, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A "goog nigth"? Someone's been on the sauce :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gun, could you change my link on your blog please? I've changed it to a more professional address - http://jonharris-sportstrading.blogspot.com.

    Hope you are well.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete