Wednesday 23 November 2011

Whoops a diddly daisy!

Made a bit of a cods of a trade tonight, and did something I don't think I've ever done before.

Having made a lovely green by laying U4.5 at the start of Valencia's demolition of Genk I decided to splash out a speculative tenner from that win by backing AU on the Correct Score 2 market at 13 at half time. At 7-0 I thought it was time to green up. For some reason I can't quite reason out I decided to do it on the Betfair screen rather than on GT. As the market formed I was amazed to see AU at 1.67. A couple of taps on the old calculator gave me my lay stake which was duly placed to give, I thought, a £50 green. Fantastic. Crowed about it in the green room, back slapping all round from the boys.

Then I flicked the same market open on GT to see no green, AU at 8 and a £10 red.

I'd laid the right amount on the correct runner in the wrong f@@@@@g market!

4 comments:

  1. Bloody hell Dave, unlucky, I think we've all done something similar to that in the past.

    A few years back I thought I had found a great arb at half time on the corners (I thing it was) market, backed it and thought it was easy money, only to check accounts later that night and see both empty, it turned out that one was based on 90 mins and the other on 45 (2nd half), cost me a nice few hundred, and unsurprisingly, I've never tried it since.

    I can almost laugh now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done some pretty bloody stupid things in my trading career but don't think I've ever placed the right bet in the wrong market before! It's usually the other way round :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valencia gives me a lot of money...and Benfica too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while. Great stuff. I've created mine recently and added yours to my blog list. If you'd like to add mine here it is: http://bftradingdream.blogspot.com/

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete