Wednesday 27 July 2011

I rediscovered the Midas Touch tonight!

As a break from LTD I engaged in a little CS trading tonight, with a half time lay thrown in for good measure.

Benfica played Trabzonspor in a Champions League qualifier and were heavy odds on favourites. A little strategy I have used over the years to great effect is to lay a heavy favourite in the half time markets at odds on prices, trading out after 15-20 minutes. The odds obviously move a lot quicker in the half time market compared to the full time market, and a substantial profit can be made. In this case I laid for £50 at 1.66 and greened up at 2.6 for a profit of over £18. As it happens the match was 0-0 at half time so this was a relatively safe and conservative trade, but obviously a goal to the favourite with this tactic is seriously bad news so there's no point in being greedy!

I also backed 0-0 0-1 and 1-0 in the Barcelona v Bayern match with a view to trading out of 0-0 at 20 minutes. I was able to back 0-0 at 14.6 and laid it at 8.4, leaving the other two to run. Greening at 1-0 Barca left  a nice position on the game.

Two CL qualifiers were 0-0 at half time, and small backs on 1-1 2-0 and 0-2 ensured decent profitability as both finished 1-1! This is a natty little trade to try, and usually works as long as the first goal isn't too late in coming. As it happened in both games the  away side, also the slight underdogs in both games, scored first. This is the ideal situation as a) 1-1 comes in much further than it would if the favourites score first and b) 0-2 is usually much higher than 2-0, so in both cases I was able to secure a small all green on all scores with a nice chunk on 1-1 - in my view (rightly as it turned out!) on the most likely outcome.

There was one obvious scatter gun tonight - the Super Cup between Lille and Marseille in la belle France. As it happened I managed to escape with a small loss as Marseille got a goal back to make it 2-1 before immediately conceding a third whilst my hedge bet was in the process of getting matched. I didn't look at the odds available on the goals markets during the game, and I don't even know if there was an U6.5 goals market - but I'm reasonably sure that if there were it could have been laid at 1.01 just before Marseille got their goal. The reason I mention it? Simple really, from 1-0 at 58 minutes the game finished 4-5!!!!! I didn't know until I checked flashscores to aid my memory with goal times! Absolutely amazing.... French football is usually a tight sort of 1-0 2-0 ish sort of affair. File it in the 'lost opportunities' folder and move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment