Sunday 24 July 2011

Fewer games - different approach

A return to profitability from just a handful of games today. I was working today and only traded a few five o'clock kick offs due to family commitments. After last night's bruising encounter with a 0-0 featuring arguably the world's best club, I judiciously decided to leave the friendly between Galatasaray and Inter Milan alone! Just as well, as, predictably, there were no goals there either!

For the rest of the matches I did very brief research, enough to satisfy my curiosity that both contenders looked capable of at least one goal. In those games where the home team or favourite if the away team score first I took the approach of removing the draw liability from the match, leaving larger profits on a winner, and a £10 profit on the draw. In this small sample the number of 1-1's worked against that decision and more would have been made with a straight greening after a goal. The screenshot below shows tonight's trades..


A quick glance at the results above shows the frequency of 1-1 results. That result is why I like the Scatter Gun trade so much, and it occurs to me that more money would have been made with that strategy over the past few days than LTD has produced. Unfortunately I didn't record the relevant CS odds, but working on odds of 7.2 for 1-1 and 11 for 1-2 2-1 and £9 stakes the games so far produced a loss of £77 - but just on those games that produced one of those three scorelines. Had I traded the SG on these 75 games I am absolutely positive I would have turned a profit, and a decent one at that! After all, a further 7 games finished 3-1, 1-3 or 2-2 and a profit would have been all but guaranteed trading the SG on those!

Below is the summary to date:


This coming week I will continue to look at LTD, but will concentrate on just one or two in-play matches per evening and see what I can come up with using the Match Odds and Correct Score markets with the occasional dalliance into unders and overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment