Thursday 6 January 2011

This is what happens when the discipline goes...

Perhaps it would have been better had I been late home from work last night! Having plenty of time to think sometimes goes against me, and I  wonder how many other people last night set trades up on the basis that Arsenal v Man City would produce goals and that Liverpool and Chelsea would probably win their games against weaker opposition! Who also would have predicted Bilbao holding out for a 1-1 against Barca (even with the latter playing a 'cup' side)?

I did all of the above and called every single match wrong - I'll spare you the grizzly details but suffice to say that poor judgement, combined with lack of suitable cover and a spot of 'chasing' resulted in a £78.11 loss. And it was all going so swimmingly well up to that point!

There is a silver lining to the cloud though - I forgot completely to get out of my draw lay in the Ashes Test - and have just laid England for £100 at 1.03 to give a £30 green on England, £50 on the draw and over £100 if Australia pull off the miracle of the century!

Being able to move the £50 liability on that trade back into my main wallet also psychologically lessens the blow of losing that money last night as the main wallet balance is now only £30 down as opposed to nearly £80! Kidding myself I know but I think things like that can be positives - it depends on how you view them!

No comments:

Post a Comment