Sunday 2 January 2011

2nd January - may the trend continue

Another great evening on the 'trading floor'. A day at work meant that I was unfortunately unable to trade the day's earlier games, including the nail-biting Chelsea v Aston Villa match. Returning home just in time for the Barca game and a few 2nd division Spanish games I quickly amassed a sizeable loss due to making the assumption that Barca would cruise past Levant as Real had a few days ago.

Having been called to dinner I returned to my desk to spot that Porto v Nacional was 0-0 and U2.5 was dropping rapidly. Unable to resist a low liability lay I laid £100 at 1.12 for a twelve pound liability - three goals and fifteen minutes later the trade was home! Nacional had taken a 1-2 lead. Unable to believe that the odds on favourites would come unstuck against relatively lowly opposition I laid Nacional in match odds - but they were able to hold on so I lost an unnecessary twelve pounds there...

Then there was another Portuguese cup game between Benfica and Maritimo. I backed Benfica winning scores, covering my stake in match odds and U3.5 as can be seen from the screenshot of the profit and loss below. The trade generated just over £20 after commission. I also managed a small profit using a similar technique in the Primera division game between Sevilla and Osasuna.

A good couple of hours, showing a profit of nearly £90.


A quick glance at the current bank situation will show that after just two days trading I have managed to reduce the percentage of bank required to hit £21 nett per day has already fallen from 4.42% to 3.64% - a very good state of affairs from where I sit!

2 comments:

  1. Noce one Gun. It really is coming together. Perhaps you should give up your day job!

    Happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Andy - I'm a long way off replacing my full time income mate, and even if I could I think I'd get bored and lose focus as a full time trader - as Clint used to say 'Man's gotta know his limitations'

    ReplyDelete