Sunday 15 April 2012

The Trading Mindset - revisited yet again....

The Sultan has now written three very interesting and pertinent pieces on this difficult subject, and all of them are worthwhile reads. I know from my own experiences that the issues he discusses are very real, and overcoming these issues causes genuine pressures on traders. The chief reason for this is that in order to overcome your issues you first need to accept them for what they are. This has been my own personal bugbear as you know for some time now, but I genuinely feel that progress, although slow, is being made.

There is a load of hogwash on You Tube, and an awful lot great stuff as well. I came across a chap called Rich who runs a horse betting service and he has posted a series of 3 videos which he calls his 'Basic Training' course. Videos 1 and 2 cover Setting Up a Betting Bank and How to Stake respectively, but video 3 is entitled The Mindset of the Betting Pro, and I found it to be ten minutes of very well reasoned advice delivered in a softly spoken, no drama, northern accent. The key lesson I took from it was about how important it is to approach your betting / trading as if it were a business, but having written that sentence I now realise that's actually a very poor synopsis.

Well worth ten minutes of your time in my humble opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cs1kHX48-w&feature=relmfu

1 comment: