Sunday 8 April 2012

Not sure if this is the right thing to do, but I've done it!

With 18 holes of (hopefully) scintillating golf left to play there is only one winner of the Masters as far as the Betfair markets are concerned:-


and the Leaderboard looks like this after 3 rounds:-


Anyone who follows golf will know that the Augusta National is a potential banana skin of a golf course on the last day of The Masters - just ask Mr McIlroy! They call the third round 'Moving Day' and so it was for our friend Mickelson, a quite fantastic eagle and a well taken birdie at the 18th moved him into what proved to be the last pairing for today's round.

Mathematically he is reckoned to have a 36% chance of winning by the odds available, and I personally think that's a price to lay at. I'm not suggesting that he won't win the tournament... merely that he will almost certainly trade higher at some point during proceedings.

As a small punt I'm having a fiver on McIlroy to finish in the top 5, 25 at the time of writing. This is being a bit silly I know, but I did make a shed load by laying him for a top five position at this stage last year when he was 4 shots clear so I regard this as a 'self funding' punt!

No comments:

Post a Comment