Friday 6 May 2011

Why take one step forward, when you can take eighteen back?

Perhaps this post should be subtitled 'Why I really MUST give up smoking!' or 'Why WRITE something simple, and DO something else?' You can probably sense there's been a major bollocks up, so I might as well get it over and done with, take the medicine, and move on!

0-0 Admira Wacka - 20 minutes to go - trading at 27. Got about £9 matched, price plummeted to 22 so greened up for more than my day's target. Got greedy, went back in at 25, price moved away... back to square one or slightly worse. It was getting toward kick off, and someone nibbled a bit at my lay. Then I went for a smoke....

Mrs Gun doesn't allow me to smoke indoors so I was pacing the back garden in the sunshine when a neighbour engaged me in conversation. Ever the polite person I was bought up to be, and mindful that she had almost certainly never heard of Admia Wacker, I humoured her for what seemed like ages. When I got back upstairs ... you can guess... the game had kicked off and it was 1-0......

To recap ... I went from a green of nearly twice my £1 target for the day to -£18... all by a) being greedy and b) being stupid

WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN????

4 comments:

  1. And the moral of the story is....................? Stop chatting up your next door neighbour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you have the discipline to have a £1 target? This must be more of a hobby or experiment than anything else surely? It doesn't seem worth your time but I guess If you can keep the discipline to earn yourself a can of coke a day then anything is possible. Fair play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I try similar things like £20 a month, or to try and pay for Sky Sports (£45 approx), etc.

    I suppose it's trying to impose discipline and then maybe up the stakes as your account grows, but it is frustrating and I do go tits up on it at times by losing patience and going for a bigger win.

    There is a part of me that thinks, why not just put £500 in my account and try to win £10-£20 a day, but I fear I know what will happen if I give myself that amount to play with (something similar happened 5 years or so back with a couple grand).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red - you get to a certain age and a lady who is not your wife gives you the time of day you listen!

    Mark, your first sentence sums it up! Discipline is what I'm after. This little exercise is separate from my main trading activities. I sell prestige cars full time so income from trading is very much as you say a hobby!

    FG - spot on mate - got those tee shirts!

    ReplyDelete