Saturday 7 May 2011

Better...

A small profit today - backed 0-0 Roma v AC Milan last night at 14. £35 matched allowing a hedge at 13.5 for a modest profit, over my daily target. I'm working tomorrow and we don't shut until 4 so I daren't risk a 0-0 trade on the big prem game tomorrow so will try for a 0-0 move on the Dutch game between Twente and Ajax and keep my fingers crossed that I'm home by five!

Tuned into the Spurs Blackpool game tonight at half time and was amazed to see it was still 0-0. With a golden opportunity having been gifted to Spurs by City's slip up earlier I did a half time scatter gun on the game with £6 total stakes. I also drip laid U2.5 down to 1.1. A converted Blackpool penalty gave me the trader's twitch... should I take the £10 or so green on 1-1 or hold my horses and hope for the equaliser? Working on the basis that Spurs would now have little choice but to go for it I stayed in. The equaliser came along at I think about 87 minutes and and my £6 bet was transformed into a £33 green with over £70 on 1-2 and 2-1. I was also able to green U2.5 for about 3 quid. It remained 1-1 so a nice result and a pointer that sometimes the best trades lurk in seemingly going nowhere games.

No comments:

Post a Comment