Sunday 30 September 2012

When I said the Tie would come in .....

...what I meant was to about 6 to eight maybe. I certainly did not expect it to trade as low as 1.17 and for Tiger to slide a seven footer past and concede the hole so Europe won the cup, rather than 'merely' retaining it!

And what a pleasure it was to be in the TradingFootball chatroom with half a dozen guys scalping the highly volatile markets from about eight o'clock tonight. At one point I laid the Yanks at 1.08 for a grand. Unfortunately I hedged at 1.18. Instead of hanging in and getting out at 2. Or 5. Or 20. Or, best of all, 1000. My old habit of failing to stick with winning trades comes to the fore again.

I'm not going to dwell on it - it's obviously a personality defect of some sort and I made a nice amount as it was.

The hero of the Europe team, even though he's a bloody Gooner, was Ian Poulter. Why he can't turn it on as well on his own account as he does as a team member is something that probably perplexes him as much as it does me. Well done Poults and the rest of the guys.... will they win BBC Sports Personality Team event I wonder? There isn't a market for it at the moment, but if there were I'd back them!

2 comments:

  1. http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=104570610&ex=1&origin=MRL

    ....might of missed the value though, 1000 into 50 tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right I did! Never really get involved with these markets, but that's certainly an eye-opener!

    ReplyDelete