Tuesday 9 December 2014

If it isn't broken, don't f**k about fixing it!

Some might have noticed that I don't write much these days, but this latest brainwave from Betfair caused me to bash the keyboard once again.

I'm talking about 'Correct Score New' - they're in the process of doing away with my beloved Any Unquoted! They are replacing that one scoreline with, wait for it, three alternatives - 'Any other - Home', 'Any other - Away' and 'Any other draw'. Wow!

Apparently, we, the betting / trading public have been asking for these 'improvements' and it is justified by saying that AU is likely to be the favourite score at the outset of, say, Barca v Elche, and that therefore a back for AU is effectively a bet that Barca will win and score a hatful of goals in doing so. No shit, Sherlock!

I personally use AU in all kinds of ways, both backing and laying it as I see fit.. the appeal of that as a trading move will be severely limited now. My activity around that scoreline is far from limited to the kind of game they use in their justification - it's an essential part of the CS trader's armoury in my opinion.

As a result, my little bit of liquidity will be missing from that market. Times me by a few hundred / thousand others and how does that help either customers or Betfair themselves? Beats me!

If anyone can enlighten me, help me see the light or otherwise put any remotely positive slant on this appalling decision please do.

1 comment:

  1. So surprised they didn't change it back, the AUQ market could be a gold mine, but now I guess there's more action, which mean more profits so you can see why they did it :-(

    ReplyDelete