Monday 30 August 2010

Bank Holiday Monday - Day Two

Opening Bank: £106.70

Daily Target (2.5% of bank): £2.67

The Grenoble v Le Mans match resulted in a 0-1 win for Le Mans. Stakes of just over £50 yielded a profit of £20.67 after commission. Another ill-advised foray into a second match (Bologna v Inter Milan - result 0-0) lost all bar £3.21 of that profit. There are two lessons to be learnt from this. Firstly, 0-0 games are a potential banana skin for the football trader and, secondly, so is trying to keep too many plates spinning at the same time.

Profit: £3.21

Bank at end: £109.91

Tomorrow's proposed trade:


As a result of the past two days' trading I have thought long and hard about my methodology. This blog, and the 'experiment' were initiated to help me overcome my lack of discipline....so what am I doing setting up trades with about half my bank exposed - albeit marginally?

Going forward it is my intention to expose no more than 20% of my bank at any one time, and to reduce that exposure at the earliest opportunity. I will do more than one trade per day where possible, but will stick to this fundamental rule...

Tuesday evenings present me with a time issue as I meet with some guys for an hour's torture on a badminton court meaning I leave home at about 8.50 pm. This means I need to find something I can trade for the first half only...

Tomorrow's In-Play coupon is not brilliant but at least most of the matches are English, so there shouldn't be any problems with trading them in-play. The game I've got my eye on is Southend v Gillingham, and my preference there is to trade 0-0 1-0 and 0-1 in Correct Score, with cover on the U1.5 First Half goals market.

My thinking is that to make my target of £2.74 I only need invest about £10 - IF the game stays 0-0 for 25 minutes.....this is because as with any 'time decay' market the odds on 0-0 0-1 and 1-0 will all shorten appreciably as long as no goals are scored. If it is 0-0 at 25 minutes I should be able to lay 0-0 for about a £2 profit on a £4 back, and leave 0-1 and 1-0 until half time. That's the plan....but will there be sufficient liquidity in the FHG market to secure the necessary cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment