Friday 13 June 2014

More than a little disappointed...

..by the officiating in the WC opener. I thought it was really poor and sincerely hope no precedent has been set. In most other first class matches, in most other places, Neymar would surely have been sent off for the elbow in the first half, and there is no way Fred should have got a penalty in the second. I thought Croatia gave a very good account of themselves, should have had at least a point from the game and that Brazil looked far from comfortable favourites for the competition itself. Of course my opinion is ever so slightly slanted by the fact that I stood to gain a lot more from 2-2 than I did 3-1!

I'll wait and see what odds Brazil attract after Round 1 - they're currently hovering around the 4 mark - anything under mid threes will see me laying them.

Speaking of laying... does Martin Kaymer really have a 16% chance of winning the US Open? He's had an excellent opening round and is three clear. Three clear of some excellent golfers, some of whom don't tend to come good until the latter stages of the tournament. I don't believe he does have a 16% chance, so he's a lay for me at 6.4, but the high odds require a bit of circumspection with staking as far as I'm concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment