Saturday 16 March 2013

'Ow's yer luck?

Wow! What a night! I'd laid the current score on every game on tonight's in-play coupon for £1000 stakes and look at the screenshot! Every game bar one in Switzerland  had a goal at exactly the same time! Unbelievable!


Before you conjure up images in your mind's eye of me sitting, Scrooge like, wearing a pair of fingerless gloves calculating how many years' sabbatical I could take on the strength of this unprecedented event - it's all bollox!

What you are in fact looking at, is a graphical representation of a mass suspension. Betfair at its indomitable best. I have no real beef with losing trades through my own actions. Sure, they disappoint and annoy in roughly equal measure, but my trading successes and failures are mine, all mine! I'm proud of them! However it goes beyond the pale when I lose money (and to be fair, make money) in unplanned ways such as the whole f'g coupon getting suspended.

As I write (with smoke a similar colour to that seen in Rome recently coming out of both ears) the entire in-play coupon, bar  games on Sky or major radio networks, have been suspended for nearly an hour. According to the seemingly knowledgeable people on the Betfair forum, if you can pick out the sense from the expletives, this is because Betfair and other in-play players get their feed from the smaller games from a third party provider. I suggest that they have discovered what some managers describe as a 'training issue'. Best they act on it.

I read on Sultan's blog that LadDaq are slowly starting to get their act together. Please hurry up.

No comments:

Post a Comment